Inspired by Cheesboard's cilantro sauce - now appearing on salmon and other delights.Read More
An homage to the 90’s hip hop group Tribe Called Quest, this side dish is easy, tasty and awesome.Read More
This innovation was brought to us by Exquisite Courser Debbi, who specializes in making food more purple.
For each vegetable, boil it until soft, add to food processor with broth and a handful of almonds that have soaked in water overnight and softened. Blend.
The amount of broth will affect how soup-like your concoction is, so experiment and see what you like. Throw some snap peas on top for garnish!Read More
Ok so white bean farro doesn’t make for the most attractive snapshot. But it makes up for looking like a pile of barf by tasting great!
This tasty/unexpected combo is satisfying but not too heavy.Read More
Not as good as they look. But as I’ve discovered, dogs disagree! Accidentally created a yummy dog treat, using the Vegan Coconut Oil Biscuit recipe I recently discovered, and substituting chickpea flour for regular flour. Vegan AND gluten-free for your pooch. Who would have thought.
On a salad-for-dinner kick with arugula, roasted potatoes, avocado, fresh corn and coconut-lemongrass fried chickpeas. Involved the use of coconut almond milk, what!Read More
This is pretty much:
Carmelized onion / butter / sage / grated parsnips / gnocchi
- Carmelize the onions (cook for a long time on med-low with lots o butter) then add more butter and sage and grated parsnips (2).
- As this all melds together and becomes tasty, boil the gnocchi in fairly heavily salted water.
- Add to parsnip sautee to toss together before serving.
Satisfies in a way that only butter and potato product can.
Experimental carbonara made with sautéed soprasetta, tomatoes and Kale Krunchies and an egg scrambled in at the last minute. Wtf delicious!
- Sautee garlic and sage with small chunks of pear, once reduced a bit and the flavors melded, boil the gnocchi in salted water.
- Once floating, take gnocchi out of boiling water with a slotted spoon and add to pear mix, still sizzling but on med-low.
- Add gorgonzola to taste, add small amounts of pasta water if needed.
Found this great recipe, made even greater by making it non-vegan (surprise surprise) with the use of half-and-half instead of almond milk. It’s actually great with the almond milk too, I’d recommend doing a 1/2 teaspoon rather than 3/4 teaspoon salt. Great at breakfast, lunch and dinner.Read More
Made this recipe for Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies from the blog With Peanut Butter on Top. Cookie shown was made with chocolate, dried cranberries and minced ginger. The recipe is also good with walnuts and flax seeds. The variation I made isn’t super sweet, which seems like an ok thing for breakfast cookie to be.
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. golden flax meal
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup pastry flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2-3 oz chopped dark chocolate (70%)
- handful of chopped walnuts